Thousands of anti-EU protesters gathered in Italy’s capital to take part in demonstration "Europe for all" to protest against the celebrations of the 60th anniversary of the signing of the Treaty of Rome. 27 Heads of State celebrate the Treaties of Rome, the foundation of the European Union, signed on the Capitoline Hill in Rome on 25 March 1957.
Masked dancers dressed up as deities perform "Devi Pyankha" (Devi dance in Newar language) to mark the Pahan Chahre festival ahead of the Ghode Jatra (horse racing festival) in Kathmandu, Nepal.Sacred masked dances are performed representing various deities. The dance starts in the evening and lasts throughout the night till the next day.
Viscri's population is of Roma majority, with a few Romanians, and about 20 Germans. It lies northwest of Rupea and can be reached through Dacia on a 7 km unpaved road. The village is best known for the highly fortified Viscri fortified church, originally built around 1100. It is part of the villages with fortified churches in Transylvania, designated in 1993 as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. The first documentation of Viscri is a record of church taxes dated around 1400, in which the village is referred to as being part of the Rupea parish. Its inhabitants consisted of 51 farmers, 1 school master, 3 shepherds and 2 paupers.
Sighișoara is a city on the Târnava Mare River in Mureș County, Romania and it is located in the historic region of Transylvania.
Sibiu is a city in Transylvania, Romania. The city straddles the Cibin River, a tributary of the river Olt. Now the capital of Sibiu County, between 1692 and 1791 and 1849–65 Sibiu was the capital of the Principality of Transylvania, until 1920 it belonged to the Kingdom of Hungary. Sibiu is one of the most important cultural centres of Romania and was designated the European Capital of Culture for the year 2007. Formerly the centre of the Transylvanian Saxons, the old city of Sibiu was ranked as "Europe's 8th-most idyllic place to live" by Forbes in 2008.
Făgăraș is a city in central Romania, located in Brașov County. It lies on the Olt River and it is situated in the historical region of Transylvania.
Cârţa Monastery is a former Cistercian (Benedictine) monastery in the Ţara Făgăraşului region in southern Transylvania in Romania, currently a Lutheran Evangelical church belonging to the local Saxon community. It lies on the left bank of the Olt River, between the cities of Sibiu and Făgăraş, close to the villages of Cârţa (German Kerz, Hungarian: Kerc) and Cârțișoara (German: Kleinkerz). The monastery was probably founded in 1202-1206 by monks from Igriș abbey (daughter house of Pontigny abbey), and was disbanded in 1494, when the apostolic legate Ursus of Ursinis ratified Cârţa Abbey’s attachment to the Provostship nullius of Sibiu. The Cistercian monastery introduced and helped develop French Gothic art in the region.